About the job
As experienced .NET developer you will maintain, extend and continuously improve our back end code base. Together with the team lead you ensure that our clients (front end developers and other API clients) have a pleasant experience. You will on/within a micro services platform architecture with the challenges of multi tenancy, caching, persistence, long running jobs, messaging and multi threading.
If this gets you excited and you meet the requirements and profile below, then we want to come in touch with you!
Hybrid working model
You will be working both from home and at the office (Cape Town) with a lead developer and a back end developer. From our NL office you will be supported by a Product Owner and an Azure deployment engineer.
- Maintain, extend and refactor our legacy code base.
- Ensure our code base is future proof by venturing into new areas (.NET 6, Nullability, Mediator, Swagger, OpenAPI, etcetera).
- You work efficient and get things done.
- You set up a test driven approach where you validate and test your code via unit tests.
- You ensure that the C# core code adheres to the SOLID principles as much as possible and refactor legacy code if needed. The goal is to increase the extendability, testability, readability and re-usability of the code.
- You stay aware of the latest development and best practices and discuss with the team lead on how to keep our code base up to date and future proof.
- You work closely with our Azure engineer on related topics like routing, caching, messaging, containerisation, authentication, etcetera.
Requirements and qualifications
- Proven experience in building high performing microservices in .NET (ASP) or the new .NET 6 minimal API's.
- Experience in Unit Testing code and services.
- You are very handy with Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider, Git, NuGet, Postman or other back end development tools (of choice).
- Experience with an Agile development approach (in Jira, Gitlab or Azure DevOps)
- Excellent knowledge of C# and .NET Core, .NET 5/6.
- Very good analytical thinking and abstraction skills: You can reduce a complex tasks into various simple(r) ones.
- Nice to have: Experience with Azure AD integration and deployment.
- You can communicate fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor or master degree in software engineering or related.
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over technology. Has a can-do attitude.
- Self starter: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Honest: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
At Lanza we develop digital solutions that support businesses with their spare parts management and inventory control. You will shape and develop the look and feel of the Lanza web applications that are used by renowned companies in various industries such as defence, aerospace, rail and manufacturing.
A new development team
We are setting up a new development operation in South Africa in order to scale up our development efforts. Lanza is looking for skilled candidates that are up for a challenge.
We empower, you gain. Despite bringing a state-of-the-art spare parts planning solution Lanza wants to up its promise. We feel responsible for the overall spare parts performance . Therefore we deliver the software, the platform, but also a continuous optimisation process. All of it optionally serviced remotely.
With founder Gordian being in the slipstream of Lanza we create a spare parts optimisation solution that is unique. On top of the software Gordian is able to deliver dedicated planning support to boost your performance, train your people to become experts and get the results that are required.