About the job
As lead React developer you will oversee and drive the UX and UI development of the Lanza web applications. Together with the Product Manager you work on UI wireframes for the requested features. This requires a decent feel for UX design and knowledge of the possibilities of our UI ‘tech stack’. You also interact frequently with the backend development team to shape new frontend API’s or improve existing ones. The heart of your job will be to write excellent code for the frontend code base that is completely written in React and TypeScript. You write code that adheres to React guidelines and best practices. You work test driven and make sure that most the code is re-usable, testable, and easily troubleshooted. You have authority over our frontend tech stack. Should we switch to another UI library or start composing our own? You tell us.
If this gets you excited and you meet the requirements and profile below, then we want to come in touch with you!
Hybrid working model
You will be working both from home and at the office (Cape Town) with a lead developer and a back end developer. From our NL office you will be supported by a Product Owner and an Azure deployment engineer.
- Maintain, extend and refactor our legacy code base.
- Ensure our code base is future proof by venturing into new areas (e.g. Redux Toolkit, another UI library, try GraphQL and what not).
- You work efficient and get things done.
- Advise on UI and UX design.
- Advise on Web API specs.
- You ensure that core code is re-usable through an internal NPM repository.
- You stay aware of the latest development and best practices in the world of SPA's (and React in particular) and ensure that our code base remains up to date and future proof.
- Aside from feature development and bug fixes, you drive the technical development regarding state management, authentication, API integration and error handling.
- You work closely with our Azure deployment engineer on topics like builds pipelines, package repositories, bundle sizes, CDN and routing.
Requirements and qualifications
- Proven experience in building high performing web applications
- Excellent knowledge React or similar frameworks such as Vue or Angular
- Experience with relevant frontend development tools and libraries (Yarn/NPM, Lerna, Jest, Webpack, Git, VS Code)
- Good feel for UX and UI design
- Very good analytical thinking and abstraction skills: You can reduce a complex tasks into various simple(r) ones
- You can communicate fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor or master degree in software engineering or related
The ‘very nice to haves’: - Experience with wireframing and UI prototyping - Knowledge of advanced (but core) frontend topics such as authentication, API integration, Unit Testing, bundling, static content / CDN, localization and multi tenancy. - Knowledge of advanced React topics such as hooks, routing, context or related libraries (e.g. Redux Toolkit, React Router)
- Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over technology. Has a can-do attitude.
- Self starter: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Honest: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
At Lanza we develop digital solutions that support businesses with their spare parts management and inventory control. You will shape and develop the look and feel of the Lanza web applications that are used by renowned companies in various industries such as defence, aerospace, rail and manufacturing.
A new development team
We are setting up a new development operation in South Africa in order to scale up our development efforts. Lanza is looking for skilled candidates that are up for a challenge.
We empower, you gain. Despite bringing a state-of-the-art spare parts planning solution Lanza wants to up its promise. We feel responsible for the overall spare parts performance . Therefore we deliver the software, the platform, but also a continuous optimisation process. All of it optionally serviced remotely.
With founder Gordian being in the slipstream of Lanza we create a spare parts optimisation solution that is unique. On top of the software Gordian is able to deliver dedicated planning support to boost your performance, train your people to become experts and get the results that are required.